Isotope Identifier with Internal Detector
- Quick Identification with High Accuracy
- 5.1 x 3.8 cm (2 x 1.5 in.) Internal NaI Detector
- Self Calibrating
- Sunlight Readable Color LCD
- Separate User & Advanced Operational Modes
- Single-Handed Operation
- ANSI N42-34 Compliant
- Removable Compact Flash Card Spectra Storage
The portable Model 702i isotopic measurement system was developed to give end users such as first responders a simple tool
to quickly locate any abnormal levels of radioactivity, and to accurately identify the isotopes present.
The instrument houses an internal 5.1 x 3.8 cm (2 x 1.5 in.) NaI detector.
The signal is gain stabilized, and the instrument automatically calibrates itself via an embedded 40K source. The Model 702i additionally offers several advanced features for well-trained experts seeking to perform more detailed analysis either in the field or in a laboratory.
Spectra can be captured to a removable CompactFlash disk to be analyzed more thoroughly with the Quantum MCA software (included). Eight rechargeable NiMH AA batteries and an AC power adapter are also included.
- Functions: nuclide identification, spectrum analysis,dose rate calculation (rem/hr or Sv/h), total dose,audible search tool.
- Integrated Electronics: digital signal-processing MCA
- Type: base converter 14-bit pipelined-flash
- Conv. Modes: Linear 256, 512, 1024
- QCC 256, 512 (U.S. Patent 5,608,222)
- LLD/ULD: 0?100% of FS adjustable in less than .01% steps
- Zero: ±100% of FS adjustable by channels
- Pulse Processor: trapezoidal filter with adjustable time constant and pulse shape discrimination
- Gain: 0.5 to 16.0
- Detector: NaI(Tl), internally housed, 5.1 x 3.8 cm (2 x 1.5 in.) (D x L)
- Energy Range: 18 keV - 3 MeV
- Energy Resolution: 7%
- Sensitivity: 1292 cps/mSv/h (775 cpm/µR/h)
- Display: 320 x 240 high brightness, 32,000-color,89 cm (3.5 in.) transflective LCD display
- I/O: 10/100 Ethernet port and optional RS-232 adapter cable
- Power: 8 standard NiMH AA batteries and spare battery holder included; alkaline AAs can also be used. Universal AC power adapter included.
- Water/Dust Resistance: IP56
- Temperature Range: -20 to 50 °C (-4 to 122 °F)
- Trigger Lists: multiple trigger lists can be selected for different applications, including standard DHS isotopes, medical, industrial, or user-defined lists.
- Ease of Use: setup options can be passwordprotected for use by non-technical personnel.
- Calibration: automatic calibration (temperature) stabilization with low-level 40K source. Coarse and fine energy calibration and dose-rate calibration done at factory, but available for expert users.
- Clock: battery-backed, real-time clock/calendar
- Handle Keypad: three buttons for screen controls(left, right, and enter function)
- Instrument Body keypad has 4 buttons for
- - instrument on/off and also acknowledgement
- - up key
- - down key
- - menu key
- Alarm: visual (on screen) and audio (internal speaker or optional headphones)
- Dimensions: 16.5 x 11.4 x 22.8 cm (6.5 x 4.5 x 9 in.)(H x W x L); 21.6 cm (8.5 in.) height with handle
- Weight: 2.2 kg (4.8 lb) with batteries
Elimpex-Medizintechnik, Spechtgasse 32, A-2340 Mödling, Austria