Ion Chamber Survey Meter - Model 9DP
- 0-50 mSv/h (0-5 R/hr) Range with μR/hr Sensitivity
- Sunlight Readable Color Display
- Auto Zeroing & Ranging
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Alarming Capability
- Rate, Integrate & Peak Hold Readouts
- Data Logging
- USB Connectivity
- Free Firmware Updates through Internet
The Ludlum Model 9DP, pressurized ion chamber meter, provides highly sensitive measurements of exposure and exposure rate. It can simultaneously display the exposure rate, integrated value, and highest rate seen by the instrument. The integrated value can be reset (if desired) using one of the four convenient front-panel mounted buttons. The stunning 256-color, bit-mapped display provides an optimized presentation of the data and is accompanied with icons informing the user of the active functions and instrument status. All logged data are written in csv format to a plugged-in, industry standard, USB thumb drive for convenient retrieval by a PC spreadsheet or database program. Alarms are manifested using color changes on the display and an acknowledgeable audio output.
The Model 9DP is part of Ludlum´s new Dimension series of meters employing state-of-the-art technologies that deliver tremendous capability, user friendliness, and convenient PC connectivity. The built-in USB port facilitates password-protected access to parameter settings via direct connection to a USB keyboard thus foregoing any need to install PC application software or dealing with operating system compatibility issues. Ludlum also offers an optional Dimension PC Windows™ interface program that enables total control over the instrument and performs calibration.
- RADIATION DETECTED: gamma & X-rays above 25 keV; beta above 1 MeV
- OPERATING RANGES:
- With R/h units: 0-500 μR/h, 0-5 mR/h, 0-50 mR/h, 0-500 mR /h, 0-5 R/h
- With Sv/h units: 0-5 μSv/h, 0-50 μSv/h, 0-500 μSv/h, 0-5 mSv/h, 0-50 mSv/h
- CHAMBER VOLUME: 230 cc (14 in³ ) volume pressurized to 8 atmospheres (117 psi)
- ACCURACY: ±10%
- RESPONSE TIME: 5 seconds in lowest range, 2 seconds in all other ranges, when measuring from 10% to 90% of final value
- MEASUREMENT READOUTS: simultaneous display of rate, integrated reading, and highest rate (peak hold)
- DATA LOGGING: Data is stored to detachable USB thumb drive in CSV format for easy retrieval by PC spreadsheet/database programs. Data points include real-time clock generated date and time with rate, integrated reading, and instrument status. Logging time intervals are set by PC interface program or standard USB keyboard.
- LCD DISPLAY: 8.9 cm (3.5 in.) diagonal, 240 H x 320 W pixels, TFT active matrix, 262,000 colors, 220 cd/m²
- USER CONTROLS: 4 pushbuttons: instrument on/off, peak rate/integrate mode, audio on/off, alarm acknowledge/meter reset/clearing integrated dose or peak rate
- AUTOMATIC FUNCTIONS: auto ranging, auto zeroing, auto LCD backlighting
- AUDIO OUTPUTS: built-in unimorph speaker, > 60 dB at 0.6 meters (2 ft.) An optional audio jack can be installed for connecting to an external headset (not supplied).
- ALARMS: two levels of radiation alarms available, each are user programmable throughout entire readout range and set through a PC interface program. Other alarms include low battery and various detector failures.
- TEMPERATURE RANGE: -20 to 50 °C (-4 to 122 °F)
- POWER: eight rechargeable "AA" NiMH batteries, supplied with wall charger for direct connection to instrument
- BATTERY LIFE: 12 to 30 hours between charges, depending upon use of backlighting
- USB INTERFACE: single USB port, may be connected directly to a USB keyboard to facilitate password-protected parameter changes, accepts
- USB thumbdrive for storing logged data, optional interface kit facilitates connection to a PC for paramater editing and calibration
- CONSTRUCTION: durable molded plastic with internal metal support
- SIZE: 21.9 x 11.6 x 24.5 cm (8.6 x 4.6 x 9.6 in.) (H x W x L)
- WEIGHT: 1.5 kg (3.3 lb), including batteries
Elimpex-Medizintechnik, Spechtgasse 32, A-2340 Mödling, Austria